Government of the Punjab Agriculture Department through Extension Wing launched this project for implementation during 2016-17 to 2017-18. The objective of the project was to introduce and promote integrated Pest Management techniques (IPM) against fruitfly and reduce fruitfly management cost and increase income of mango, citrus and guava. Under this project 196 D-Plots of fruitfly management in mango, citrus and guava laid out, methyl eugenol and protein hydrolysate for 50000 acres each were provided to farmers on subsidy leading to better management of fruitfly for mango, citrus and guava orchard with less use of chemicals.
Duration: 4 Years (01.01.2014 to 30.06. 2017)
Total Cost of the Project: Rs. 227.610 Million
- Physical progress of Farmer Training conducted for the year 2014-15 is 3275, 2015-16 is 3305, 2016-17 is 3322 and 2017-18 is 3419 for creating awareness amongst the farming community for management of Fruit Fly
- Physical progress of the conducted of farmer days for the year 2015-16 is 49 (19 mango, 14 Citrus and 16 Guava) 2016-17 is 49 and 2017-18 is 49 in project districts.
- 147 sites selection for demo plots completed in project districts.
- 140239 Printing of literature have been printed and distributed among the farmers.
- 2795 Banners for publicity have been prepared and placed on prominent places;
- 16927 Purchase of Methyl Eugenol and Protein Hydrolase and Sex pheromone trapes for the year 2015-16, 15000 is in 2016-17 and 8615 is in 2017-18.
- For the awareness of Fruit Fly Management TV Commercial was prepared and made on air for 10 days; Messages in appeared in National Newspapers.