Four Agricultural Training Institutes (IATIs), one each at Rahim Yar Khan, Sargodha, Karor Lal Eason, District Layyah and BATI, Dahgal Rawalpindi are working under Agriculture Department Extension Wing. Objective of these institutes is to train manpower to cater need of Punjab Agriculture Department and other segments of the society. The services offered by these institutes are as under:
- Three Years Diploma Course in Agriculture Sciences (DAS) has been brought in place.
- Presently, 842 pre-service trainees are on roll in the Four Agricultural Training Institutes in Punjab
- Upto now 11 groups have completed Three Years Diploma in Agricultural Science.
- To arrange In-service Training for Agriculture Experts to sharpen their knowledge in administrative, financial and technical fronts.
How to Avail this Service
Eligibility for Admission
The candidate seeking admission to Three Years Diploma in Agricultural Sciences must meet following requirements:
- The candidate (Male / Female) shall be matriculate with science or equivalent examination (O Level etc.) having at least 40% marks. Admission will be given purely on merit.
- Maximum age limit, at time of admission, is 23 years. The Vice Chancellor University of Agriculture, Faisalabad can relax the age by 2 years. For in-service employees of Agriculture Department Extension Wing, the age limit for admission is 30 years and no further relaxation in age will be permissible.
- Hafiz Quran candidate will be given 20 extra marks subject to supply of original certificate and oral test.
- For admission in In-service Agricultural Training Institute, Sargodha, the candidate must have domicile of any district viz Sargodha, Khushab, Faisalabad, Jhang, Chiniot, T.T.Sing, Lahore, Kasur, Okara, Sheikhupura, Gujranwala, Hafiz Abad and Nankana Sahib.
- For admission in In-service Agricultural Training Institute, Rahim Yar Khan, the candidate must have domicile of any district viz R.Y.Khan, Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar, Sahiwal, Pakpattan, Vehari, Khanewal, Lodhran and Multan.
- For admission in Barani Agricultural Training Institute, Dahgal, Rawalpindi, the candidate must have domicile of any district viz Rawalpindi, Jhelum, Attock, Chakwal, Gujrat, M.B.Din, Sialkot and Narowal.
- For admission in Agricultural Training Institute, Karor District Layyah, the candidate must be having domicile of any district viz Layyah, Rajanpur, Muzaffargarh, D.G.Khan, Mianwali and Bhakkar.
- The candidate should hold good character.
- The candidate should be physical healthy.
- In case of equal marks, preference will be given to the candidate having Rural background and basic knowledge of Agriculture.
- Submission of attested copy of following documents with the admission form is compulsory.
i. Result Card of Matric / Equivalent examination.
iii. Character Certificate.
iv. Four Passport size latest colored photographs.
v. Own / father / guardian computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
vi. NADRA B Form, in case having no own CNIC.
vii. Father / guardian mobile / contact number.
viii. The employees of Agriculture Department and the candidates seeking admission against quota of Government Employees shall Annex the certificate with admission form issued by the concerned office.
ix. In case of admission, the candidate shall be bound to get the Matric certificate certified from the concerned BISE failing which the admission shall be considered cancelled.