Duration: 2019-20 to 2023-2024 (5 years)
Total Project Cost = 9,988.38 Million (Govt. Share = 6,327.760 Million + Farmer’s Share = 3,660.628 Million)
- Provision of following Agricultural Machinery/Implements on 50 % cost sharing basis:
a) Riding type Transplanters (450 Nos.)
b) Walk-after type Transplanters (250 Nos.)
c) Nursery Raising Machines (450 Nos.)
d) Direct Seeding Rice Drills (900 Nos.)
e) Water Tight Rotavator (800 Nos.)
f) Rice Straw Chopper + Disc Plow/MB Plow sets (750 Nos.)
g) Knapsack Power Sprayer (2450 Nos.)
- Provision of Certified Seed on 50% cost sharing basis (229,285 Mounds)
- Establishment of Demonstration Plots for showcasing (3,625 Nos.)
- Provision of Financial Assistance to farmers @ Rs.1500/Acre for promoting Paddy Specific Harvesters (453,518 acres)
- Provision of Weedicides on 30% cost sharing basis (725,200 acres)
- Mega Farmer’s gatherings by Punjab Govt. (180 Nos.)
- Provision of Micronutrients on 50% cost sharing basis (181,300 acres)
- Appreciation of best rice growers at District level &Provincialthrough Rice yield competition (240 Nos.)
- Increase share of rice in national GDP.
- Employment generation and business development opportunities.
- Increase in income levels of farming community specifically and non-farming community in general.
- Improvement in living standards of rural as well as urban communities.
- Improvement in quality of rice (as a result of certified seed).
- Improvement in international competitiveness due to decreased cost of production as a result of increased per acre yield.
Contact Detail of focal person for the project
Ch. Abdul Ghafoor
Director of Agri. Coordination (FT & AR) Punjab, Lahore
Email. Address email@example.com, Contact # 041-99200741