Duration : July 2019-20 to June 2023-24 (5 Years)
Total Cost of Project : Rs.12535.00 Million
Federal Share : Rs.3098.088 Million
Punjab Share : Rs.9445.912 Milion
Allocation for 2019-20 : Rs.1743.937 Million
- Provision of 25983 M Ton of Gypsum to Farmers on 50% subsidy in 11 Districts for reclamation of 86611 acre of salt affected land
- Provision of incentive @ Rs.1440/acre for growing & incorporation of Jantar in 246735 acre land to improve Soil Organic matter.
- Provision of Agriculture implements/machinery to farmer on 50% subsidy for promotion of mechanized/drill sowing and timely sowing of wheat. For this purpose 4007 Zero Tillage Drills, 6680 Dry Sowing Drills, 2374 Water Sowing Drills, 1187 Bed Planters and 1187 Slasher will be given to farmer on 50% subsidy.
- To promote certified and Treated Wheat Seed of rust tolerant varieties will be get provided to farmers on 50% subsidy.
- Provision of weedicide to farmers on subsidy for 11.840 Million acre to control weeds from wheat fields
- Holding of 300 Mega Farmer Gathering
- Publicity through Print and Electronic Media
Through implementation of these project intervention, per acre wheat yield would increase by 7 mounds/acre (existing 31 mounds per acre and expected 38 mounds per acre). In this way net profit and income of farmers will increase and area retrieved from wheat will be utilized for sowing of Oilseeds crops
Contact details of focal person
Dr. Muhammad Aslam
Agriculture Economist (HQ)
o/o Director General Agriculture
(Ext & AR), Punjab, Lahore